Monday, May 5, 2008

The Glass is Half Empty

A glass of water today almost shorted out our second computer terminal. I was not happy about it, but it was strange because it was one of those deja vu moments where you realize that you dreamed of having been standing there at that very moment in time before. The funny thing was that when I dreamed it, I remember standing around feeling very concerned, but not knowing that people were all standing around me looking very concerned because one of my computers had just been fried by H20 - which apparently was almost possible. Thankfully, we mopped up the water and gave the computer a few minutes and it decided to return from the dead. It wouldn't have surprised me if it hadn't, given that we've already had a year's worth of adventures in just a month and a half.

For the record, my car has now lost fourth gear, too - and if you ask the onboard computer, second gear is gone, as well (but it still works - go figure). The best trans man in town's diagnosis: "I'm stumped". Good stuff...so I guess I'll keep drawing attention to the D.P. as I push my car out of tight parking spaces across campus. I've gotten good at having people push my car out from behind the store - I pretend I'm a World War I fighter ace, adjust my goggles (cheap dollar store sunglasses), roll down my window (no power windows here - true vintage), put it in gear, point and yell "Contact!", navigate as they push, and then give a rousing thumbs-up of good cheer as I roll off to do battle...what limited battle I can do in a car that can't top 40 mph without sounding like an overstuffed vacuum cleaner at the moment. In reality, it's been miscast as a cargo van, navigating runs back and forth to Sam's Club. Not helping matters is the fact that I'm now swimming knee deep in empty water bottles and cardboard boxes.

Anyways, more of our latest developments, including the upcoming kids menu, as soon as I feel compelled to write again...or whenever my Saturn's motor falls out.

 

Free Hit Counter
OfficeDeals.info