Monday, March 10, 2008

The Final Countdown

As you can see from the picture below, there's not much left to do, with the dining room nearly painted and all the equipment in place or arriving any day now (all smallwares stuff, like shelving and storage containers). I'll be heading into the store shortly, and I'm hoping that the roofer has showed up to seal off the enclosure out back (he was supposed to have had it done last Thursday), so that the walls can be hung and finished and that the whole thing can be flashed (connected) to the building and the cooler. I am also hopeful that the fire suppression system is installed and operational, so that I can get my oven started at long last. The plumber also has to hook up the ice machine (it's already in place atop the Pepsi unit), and the HVAC guys still need to wrap the condenser coils in heat tape so that they don't freeze and break once the cooler is turned on.

The dining room; picture of the cash counter coming soon.


It may sound like a lot, but it should all be happening in short order; it had better be, since the Health Inspector returns tomorrow, and has already told me I wasted his time once - and I promised it wouldn't happen again.

We still have a little bit more shelving to hang and a final cleanup to undertake, but it really shouldn't be too bad. Also, we are in the process of installing the lights over the awning, but have to get up on the roof to test them out for proper positioning.

In the meantime, little mosquitoes keep buzzing around my head, like getting a bunch of missing parts in for some of the equipment, setting up dumpster service, and finally at long last establishing our campusfood account (the guy I deal with was on vacation for the last week). On top of that, our point-of-sale system is not recognizing credit cards, but that's our installer's problem to help us solve.

So, it may sound like we're still far away, but things are more or less coming together nicely and I'm still optimistic about being open by mid-week.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

 

Free Hit Counter
OfficeDeals.info