Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Moons Over My Roni

Well, after almost 19 hours of work I can officially say I survived my first full day of D.P. Dough. It wasn't anything special - steady, but not spectacular - until late-night when some true believers came in. I now have a million different ideas for new zones and marketing slogans/t-shirts, and also one indelible story. Now, let me preface this by saying that I feel bad that this should happen to anyone, because no one deserves such treatment - and God forbid it ever happen to us - but I can't help but find the humor in the following episode:

One especially passionate D.P. Dough aficionado was going on and on about the wonders of the zone, suggesting a marketing campaign based on the slogan "penetrate your hunger with D.P. Dough". I went to the back of the store to pull out the steak we were prepping (very important, since some of our fans were VERY passionate about their steak-infused 'zones), while he and the other drunken revelers continued their meandering conversations. The next thing I know, I am told that the owner of Prime Time (competitor across the street) had come in and scolded one of our more passionate customers for running across the street and mooning Prime Time. It has not been confirmed whether his butt ever actually touched their window, but his sentiments were conveyed quite clearly either way. I guess it's a proud feeling to have a store that people are so enthused about that they go to ridiculous extremes to express their devotion; that said, however, I kind of hope this is as extreme as it gets (some D.P. Dough fans are big on European soccer and the concomitant hooliganism it entails, so we'll see).

Anyways, a memorable finish to a successful first day. The scary part: this was only Tuesday...

No comments:

 

Free Hit Counter
OfficeDeals.info