Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Hood Trauma

A new day, a new headache. They're all manageable, of course - just annoying. This morning's hiccup involved the exhaust hood for my ovens. Lacking specific knowledge of the local building code, I had been unable to give my equipment vendors the precise requirements for my hood; this of course was due to eventually blow up in my face. This morning my HVAC (heating, ventillation, air conditioning) contractor emailed me stating that the hood quoted as part of my equipment package was not sufficient because its intake air (the air coming in to make up for the air going out) would not be heated to within ten degrees of the interior temperature, as the town's code mandates.

So...my day has been filled with calls from my contractor, architect, and equipment vendor. Meanwhile, I am anxiously awaiting my final architectural drawings so that I can give them my final approval and get them submitted to the town for approval as soon as possible. It's interesting to discover that starting a business feels very time-consuming because of all the time that is spent in a state of paralysis - waiting for some piece of information without which you are unable to do the next thing.

After spending the early part of the afternoon dealing with the above issue and filling out and faxing various vendor applications and paying my overdue electric bill (it got buried in a stack of personal mail at home - a tip: get a PO Box and make sure that all business correspondence is sent there), I'm planning on spending the rest of the day near the store. I'll stop into the Town of Normal's office and see if I can switch the water service into my name; I'll probably also swing past Big Mouth's - a Chicago-style restaurant run by guys a lot like me who are looking to see if together we can help draw more people to "Uptown" Normal.

Tomorrow I pick up my mixer and refrigerated salad prep table from Lincoln. Details to follow.

No comments:

 

Free Hit Counter
OfficeDeals.info