Friday, January 4, 2008

Throwing Up Prayers

This week represents the most important gauntlet to jump, on a number of fronts. First, I have to hope that the project gets its green light reinstated when the building inspector returns on Monday.

Second, I will be meeting with Todd (landlord) on Monday to discuss some changes his lawyer suggested be made to the SBA documents; my banker will be on the phone to work through them with him, while I anxiously wait in the wings.

Finally, I am working to get an insurance quote that is reasonable for my business and its drivers. Right now, I have heard back from a local agency, but the quoted premiums are quite expensive; I am hoping that the lady my brother used can do better. Regardless of the non-owned auto (driver's insurance) outcome, I should have insurance in place next week.

So...if Todd and Busey Bank agree on the language of my SBA documents, AND my insurance coverage gets initiated, AND building inspector is agreeable to our response to the plan review, THEN my project should truly be on the fast track at long last.

In the meantime, I'm working to get my menu finalized by early next week, so that the printing process can get underway. I also have to follow up with the POS vendor, campusfood.com, Verizon, and American Waste Disposal (need somewhere for the garbage to go), as well as establish an additional vendor relationship or two.

It's a bit frightening how fast time keeps flying by, but hopefully I'm laying the foundation for an early February opening at this point. Until the next delay...

No comments:

 

Free Hit Counter
OfficeDeals.info